domingo, 18 de enero de 2009

100 days to Get Fit. Day 8-15. Jan 10-17. Procrastination streak finally ended.

So much for talking how to do it...but not moving a fin in a whole week. Reader, I have sinned! I did not fulfill my promise.
Saturday Jan 10 and my day 8 was not too bad. I managed to get a short run done wit Luciana in the morning (2k) and another 2 x 3k in the evening as Luciana and Elita attended a birthday party. I took them to the party and left the car. Then ran home 3k, did two hours of work in front of the computer, and then ran back to get them. Again, a fair bit of time-management. I thought on Saturday that I really was coming along great. However, between the two sessions I lost my Polar watch. I could no longer see my pulse and measure the effort. I also had my last training sessions stored in the watch.
Thus feeling a bit sorry for myself, I completely lost track of the training within the coming week.

Day 9: Sunday. No training. Did some stretching that is it.
Day 10-13. Monday to Thursday. Jan 12-15. No training at all. Busy week. Always intending to do a run in the morning, after getting this or that done. In the end....the whole day went...and ...I'll do it tomorrow. Not even situps for my abs. Hmm, I wonder if I really have what it takes, to get the torso in shape. I get bored with strength training.
Most of the week, I have been quite good on the food. No alcohol, very few soft softdrinks and trying to think to add proteins. Wonder if it does me any good even without training? At least it gets me into the habit

Day 14. Friday Jan 16. Elita and I travelled to Miami. Arrived with 3 hours delay. Went shopping on arrival. And later trying to find the hotel we did not reach the hotel untill 11 PM. Too late to run.Too late for any strength training.

Saturday South Florida Rave run

Finally, the long streak was broken on Day 15. Saturday Jan 17, 2009. At 10 AM in the morning I head out the door from the hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I meant to just run for about an hour, but instead I was away for almost 2 hours and did approximately 18.5km in this time. It was a beautiful day and I felt full of exploring spirit.The streats were totally empty and there blue skies and pleasant temperature.


As I carried my Blackberry with GPS, I checked for green areas in the vecinity and found a few. I took some shots with the BB camera to illustrate this run. I was even able to see a fair number of birds.


This was a great run. It was a nature/city rave run. I love these exploratory runs on occations when I have no set goal, and may stop briefly to check a bird or make a side route.
I had checked on Google Earth for some green areas near the hotel and set a possible route based on my findings. I came first to the gate of park with natural vegetation, but unfortunately the charge a dollar fee on Saturdays and I did not bring any money. However a bit further was Royal Palm Park was the first area.


There was a pond with some birds.

Mallards, Moorhen and Canada Goose.


White Ibis - a beautiful bird.


Boat-tailed Grackle and American Coot.



They said I should be aware of aligators. I did not see any, but I did see some lizzards.
Let's see if anyone can help me with the ID.

Green or Cuban Brown Anole?


The running goes on.



Clean and well ordered streets with homely homes with well cut lawns.



Here is a fig tree and nice looking car.




Here is a church that believes in CREATION - and not evolution I guess - that seems to turn around a lot of money with university, track and sports fields and buses like disneyland. It is a huge complex. No traffic, so I ran through here.

It did have some strips of original Palmetto habitat, that contained a Loggerheaded Shrike.



My last bird on the run was this Anhinga that escaped me.

Thus total 18.5 km and 15 situps.

On Sunday no running as I was quite sore, in fact I could not even make push-ups. I tried but the 15 situps had completely killed my abs and I need some strength there to lift my body. Today, Monday was shopping/travel day so no running either. But I bought some new gadgets that I will blog about tomorrow Tuesday Day 17 on the 100 days to get fit.

Behold. I am getting there, you'll see. No alcohol at the Lounge at Miami airport where I writing this. Is this will power or what? (Or a waste of free resources??)



Here is a list of the birds I saw on the run.

Turkey Vulture
Boat-tailed Grackle
White Ibis
Moorhen
American Coot
Grebe (probably Pied-billed - but too far to discern well)
Canvasback 2 - think this is a good bird for Florida
Mallard
Starling
Loggerhead Shrike
Ring-billed Gull
Anhinga

And three quite different Lizzards on one rock - though I suspect nevertheless they will turn out to be the same species.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario